Please note that Flushing CSA will hold the scheduled pick up next Thursday, April 2nd.
As Flushing Town Hall is closed until further notice, the CSA is fortunate to be able to hold the pick up at the Friends Meetinghouse, located across the street from town hall at 137-16 Northern Boulevard.
We realize these are very difficult circumstances and the CSA is doing its best to have the pick up go smoothly and safely.
Note the following instructions:
- The pick up will be held outside on the porch of the Meeting House, rain or shine. There is no entry into the building.
- Pick up time is the same – 5:30 – 7:30 only. There is no exception to this.
- It will be a self-serve type of pick up, where all items are packed into plastic bags or boxes which you are to take home. They will be labeled with your your name as usual. There are no crates. There will be no volunteers to assist, save John Choe, who is coordinating this. If there are other members in front or behind you, please maintain “social distance”.
- There can be nothing stored at the Meeting House. However, if there is any food not picked up, we would like to donate it to the LaJornada food pantry at the Bland Houses in downtown Flushing. We would need someone with a car who could do this. If you can help, let us know and John will contact you further.
- If you cannot or do not want to pick up your produce/items and there is no one else who could come in your place, you can put a “hold” on your order by logging into your Garden of Eve account at csa.farmigo.com/account/gardenofevefarm. The farm indicated you have until this Friday, March 27 to do so. Note there are only 2 pick ups left (April 2nd and 30th), so no credit will be given after that. If you don’t intend to pick up the final share on April 30th, you can “gift” the share to a friend who can use it now. Contact the farm directly if you have any questions.
The CSA newsletter will be sent next Wednesday as usual with these instructions and/or any updates.
Please contact us with any questions you may have.We hope that everyone is staying healthy and safe.
Carlos, Caroline, Dionne, Emily, John, Judy and Larry
Flushing CSA Core Team