Best Ever Pumpkin Muffins
Source: Lovely Little Kitchen
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place 12 paper liners into each well of your standard size muffin baking pan.
- Measure out the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix, just stir until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- It is helpful to use a large scoop (like an ice cream scoop) to evenly distribute the batter into each well. They will be nearly full. This will help give your muffins a nice puffy dome.
- Bake your muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
If your coconut oil is solid, warm it up a bit so that it is in liquid form.
Submitted by Jennifer.
Cooking Beets in a Pressure Cooker
Source: PRESTO Pressure Cooker Instructions and Recipes
Wash beets throroughly. Remove all but 2 inches of top. Leave roots on. After cooking slip skins off. Add one and a half cups of water to the pressure cooker. Place the whole beets, up to two and a half inch diameter, onto the cooking rack. Cook for fifteen minutes after the pressure regulator begins to rock and then cool pressure cooker at once. Be sure to follow the safety precautions for your model of pressure cooker.
Submitted by James.